Joy P. Easley
Joy Easley received her J.D. from North Carolina Central University in 2009. After successfully passing the North Carolina bar exam. Ms. Easley joined the District Attorney's Office, 13th Prosecutorial District, Brunswick County office. She was employed as an Assistant District Attorney for a year and a half prior to joining to Cox & Watts. This association with Cox & Watts will allow Ms. Easley to use her courtroom experiences to assist clients with their legal situations.
Ms. Easley is active in a number of professional organizations including the Brunswick County Bar Association, a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, and a member of the 13th Judicial District Bar. Ms. Easley treats all persons with the utmost care and respect.
In addition to being a licensed attorney, Ms. Easley is a North Carolina Licensed General Contractor, a license she has held since 1988. Ms. Easley has over 20 years experience in the construction field, as well as experience in zoning, land use and coastal environment issues and the process for obtaining permits in these fields. Ms. Easley also has a MBA which was awarded in May, 2006.
Areas of Practice
- 45% Criminal
- 15% Home Owners Associations
- 15% Collections
- 10% Family Law
- 15% Juvenile / DSS
- North Carolina, 2009
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 2009
- Law Review: Law Review, Sr. Editor, 2007 - 2009
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington, Wilmington, North Carolina
- M.B.A. - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brunswick County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- 13th Judicial District Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- District Attorney's Office Brunswick County, NC, Asst. District Attorney, 2009 - 2011